Innumerable Bacteria are surrounding us even inside our body. As a representative of Bacteria, the structure and importance of Closteridium IS described here.
- It is rod-shaped and unicellular.
- They live in the intestine of the human being, other animal or even in soil.
- They are without photosynthetic pigments.
- They are prokaryotic, i.e. there is no nuclear membrane and nucleolus in their cell.
- There are flagella around the cell wall.
- They are anaerobic, Gram-positive and Spore producing.
Importance of Closteridium:
Closteridium tetani are the causal bacteria of tetanus and Closteridlum botullnum is the causal organism for botulism (Food Poisoning)