All animals belonging to various phyla are assigned to the highest category called Kingdom Animalia in the classification system of animals. The Kingdom Plantae, on the other hand, is distinct and comprises all plants from various divisions. Henceforth, we will refer to these two groups as animal and plant kingdoms.
Six Kingdoms of Life:
(1) Archaebacteria. Example: Methanogens, Halophiles etc.
(2) Eubacteria. Example: Bacteria, Cyanobacteria(blue-green algae), Actinobacteria etc.
(3) Protista. Example: Amoebae, green algae, brown algae, diatoms, euglena, slime molds etc.
(4) Fungi. Example: Mushrooms, yeast, molds etc.
(5) Plantae. Example: Mosses, angiosperms (flowering plants), gymnosperms, liverworts, ferns etc.
(6) Animalia. Example: Mammals, amphibians, sponges, insects, worms etc.