Telecommunication is the sending of information in any form (example – Voice, data, tenet, and image) from places to another using electronic or light emitting media. It is a universal term that is used for a vast range of information-transmitting technologies such as mobile phones, landlines, VoIP and broadcast networks. Today, telecommunications are used to organize more or less remote computer systems into telecommunications networks.
Basic functions of telecommunication network:
The role and function of telecommunication are to provide an exchange of communication or information at a distance between people, satellites or computers. The basic functions of the telecommunication network are as follows –
- Transmit information; the primary function of telecommunication systems is Transmits information to far distance and establish an interface between sender and receiver by some means of transmission mode or way.
- Establish the interface between the sender and receiver;
- Route message along with most efficient path;
- Performs elementary processing of the information to ensure that the right message gets to the right receiver;
- Perform editorial task on the better;
- Convert message from one speed to another and from one format to another;
- Telecommunication systems control the flow of information.