Functions of Company secretary as liaison officer and Administrator:
Company secretary is regarded as a liaison officer. Company secretary is mainly responsible for looking after the secretarial works. He generally maintains liaison with the board of directors, employees, shareholders, and other outside parties. Now a day, company secretary is one of the most important persons who perform some specified duties in the company form of business. As a liaison officer, company secretary performs the following functions:
- Maintaining liaison between board of directors and employees of the company;
- Maintaining linkage with shareholders and creditors of the company;
- Circulating various orders, instructions, policies, and procedures to the concerned parries;
- Informing demands, grievances, suggestions, recommendations, and problems of the lover-level employees to the higher authority of the company; etc.
Functions as an administrator and executive
Company secretary also performs the following administrative functions:
- Assisting the board in formulating administrative and managerial policies;
- Providing legal advice to the managers;
- Ensuring proper use of company seal;
- Ensuring proper distribution of functions among the employees;
- Assisting the directors in entering into agreement with third parties;
- Arranging necessary essentials for carrying out routine office works; etc.