Telecommunication software is a vital component of all telecommunications network. Telecommunication software middleware can help diverts networks communicate with each other. For example, MS explorer.
Functions of telecommunications software: the telecommunication software package provides a variety of communication support services. There are some functions of telecommunication software. These are as follows –
- Access control: This function establishes the connection between terminal and computer in a network. The software works with a communication processor (such as a modem) to connect and disconnect communication links and establish communication parameter.
- Transmission control: This function allows computers and terminals to send receive, .; commands, message data, and program.
- Network management: This function messages communication in a telecommunication network.
- Error control: This function involves the detection and correction of transmission errors. Errors are usually caused by distortion in the communication channel, such as line noise and power surges.
- Security management: This function protects a communication network from unauthorized access. Network operating system or other security program restricts access to data files and other computing resources in LANs and other types of networks.