Hello and welcome back to Equity, the capital-centric podcast the TechCrunch’s initiative where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines. It is Equity Monday, our weekly kick-off that tracks the latest private market news, talks about the coming week, spends some time focusing on descriptions from large private markets and private markets.
You can follow the show yourself on Twitter and here – and check out the Friday News Roundup with Danny and Natasha that included some neat notes in the search notifications. In addition, chances against Google. Therefore, what did we chat about this morning? Here is a rough rundown:
- Centrical also rose for its hybrid working software, which could come in demand after COVID ends.
- DeepSee.ai raised a Series A, and we have questions about its product — and hopes.
- Oh, and TechCrunch has the most recent WeWork numbers.
- The Deliveroo IPO is happening, and the £1 billion raise could value the company at £5 billion, Reuters reckons.
- Also from the recent past, Megvii filed to go public, and Nimble Robotics rose.
- Stripe raised new money at a new price and both were rather large. Would you believe that Stripe is still not public? It is not! However, it should be. Perhaps this is the last time it will raise before listing.
It is Equity Monday, our weekly kick-off that tracks the latest public industry data, speaks for the next 7 days, searches for some recent funding rounds and roots above a big idea or narrative from private markets. You and I can adhere to the show on Twitter right here in this article – and build the confidence to check out Friday’s news-roundup with Danny and Natasha, which includes some neat notes on the experiment. In addition, chances against Google. Therefore, what did we chat about this morning? Here is the hard run:
The crutch dowels added this week are Emmalyn Shaw of Flourish Ventures and Adam Roseman from Steady. It is March 17 at 12 noon PDT and 3 p.m. See you EDT!
Equity drops every Monday morning: 7:00 PST, Wednesday and Friday at 6:00, so subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all casts!