As organizations have restructured themselves to compete more effectively and efficiently, they have turned to teams as a better way to use employees talents. The team is largely used by the business organization because of:
1. Teams are more flexible and responsive to changing events.
2. The team can quickly assemble, deploy, refocus and disband.
3. Team member involvement as a motivator.
4. Teams facilitate employee participation in operating decisions.
5. They are ineffective means for management to democratize organizations.
6. They increase employee motivation.