X-ray is used for various purposes It has tremendous contributions to diagnose diseases in medical science.
- Displaced bones, cracks in bone, bone fracture etc. can be identified very easily with the help of X-ray.
- X-ray can be used to diagnose any type of disease in face, for example- to identify ulcer and decay at the root of tooth X-ray is used.
- Intestinal obstruction can be identified by X-ray of abdomen.
- The stones present in the gall bladder and kidneys can be identified by X-ray.
- The diseases of lungs like pneumonia; lung cancer etc. can be traced by X-ray of chest.
- X-ray is also used for treatment purpose. It can kill cancer cells. Cancer can be treated using radiotherapy. Necessary precautions should be taken so that unnecessary exposure of X-ray radiation cannot harm the patient. For this, the patient should be covered with apron made of lead as much as possible. X-ray of abdomen and pelvic region of pregnant women should not be done except in case of emergency. Apron made of lead must be used for other X-ray tests.