The different types of Computer Virus are-
1. Macro Viruses: These viruses infect the files created using some applications or programs that contain macros such as doc, PPS, xis and mdb.
2. Memory Resident Viruses: They usually fix themselves inside the computer memory. They get activated every time the OS runs and end up infecting other opened files.
3. Overwrite Viruses: These types of viruses delete any information in a file they infect, leaving them partially or completely useless once they are infected.
4. Direct Action Viruses: These viruses mainly replicate or take action once they are executed.When a certain condition is met, the viruses will act by infecting the files in the directory or the folder specified in the AUTOEXEC.BAT.
5. Directory Virus: Also known as cluster virus or file system virus. They infect the computer’s directory by changing the path indicating file location.
6. Multiparty Virus: These type of viruses spread in many different ways. Their actions vary depending on the OS installed and presence of certain files.
7. FAT Viruses: These lardy viruses attack the file allocation table (FAT) which is the disc part used to store every information about the available space, location of files, unusable space etc.
8. Worm: This program is very similar to a virus and has the ability to self-replicate leading to negative effects on your computer.
9. Trojans: Trojans can illegally trace important login details of users online. For example, E-Banking is very common among users, therefore, the vulnerability of tracing your login details whenever your PC is working without any strong powerful antivirus installed.
10. Email Virus: This is a virus spread via an email. Such a virus will hide in an email and when the recipient opens the mail.