Objectives of Orientation
Orientation is the task of the selection process. Orientation is a procedure by which employees are given idea, concept, philosophy, data, and information about the organization so that employees can adjust themselves with their organization. It could refer to marketing orientation or to production orientation, to employee orientation or to customer orientation.
The main objectives of orientation are to introduce the new employees to the organization. There are some objectives of orientation which are given below –
- To introduce with the goal and objectives of the organization.
- To enhance the interest of employees towards the organization.
- To create a positive attitude towards the organization.
- To build the morale of employees.
- To raise the potentiality of the employees.
- To help the new employees to adjust themselves with the organization.
- To encourage the employees to maintain the rules and principles of the organization.
Finally, we can say that, if the employees know the objectives of orientation program and get a clear idea about the organization they may feel comfortable while they are going to perform their duties.