Contents of Order Cancellation Letter
When the buyer writes letter to the seller requesting him not to deliver the ordered goods, it is called letter of order cancellation. Generally, customer places orders for delivering some specific goods in his address.
A letter of order cancellation usually contains the following:
- Date and reference of the order letter placed earlier.
- A direct request to cancel the order.
- Cause of canceling the order.
- A declaration stating his unwillingness to receive goods if the seller delivers.
- Regretting for any inconvenience of seller caused due to cancellation of order.
- Expressing the hope of maintaining business relationships in future.
- Assuring to compensate any loss suffered by the seller due to order cancellation through future business dealings.