Distinguish between PWBA and DWBA are:
1. It is Plane Wave Born Approximation.
2. In this approximation, the incident wave is considered as plane wave.
3. The potentials are not independent of momenta.
4. It considers the low energy interaction; it ignores the long range repulsive coulomb force and short range nuclear interaction.
5. By PWBA, backward peaking can be understood.
1. It is Distorted Wave Born Approximation.
2. In this approximation, the incident wave is approximated as distorted wave by nuclear interaction.
3. The potentials are assumed to be independent of momenta.
4. It ignores the strong interaction between the incident nucleon and target nucleus.
5. DWBA gives more accurate description of direct reactions such as stripping reactions, pick-up reactions etc.