The Gender Reveal Party caused a huge wildfire in California

The Gender Reveal Party caused a huge wildfire in California

A wildfire in California that is currently spreading across San Bernardino County was mistakenly started by a gender expression party. Since the El Dorado fire, 2,999 hectares (7386 acres) have been burned, and it is now only seven percent. The blaze broke out at 10.23am on Saturday, September 5, at El Dorado Ranch Park in Yucaipa, 16 kilometers (10 miles) east of San Bernardino.

The California Forest and Fire Protection Department said Sunday evening that the fire was “caused by a smoke generator pyrotechnic device used during a gender party.”

On August 16, Death Valley in California woke up to 54.4 degrees Celsius (130 degrees Fahrenheit). Although the report has not yet been officially verified by the U.S. National Weather Service, it could be the highest temperature recorded reliably on Earth.  In addition to the El Dorado fire, at least 10 other active wildfires are reported to be occurring in California, in the CL fire. Coincidentally, the state is gripped by a blazing heatwave, with Los Angeles thermostats reporting a maximum temperature of 49.4 degrees Celsius (121 degrees Fahrenheit) this weekend.

“Cal Fire reminds the public that in dry weather and critical weather of fire, it doesn’t take much to start a fire. Those responsible for the fire could be held financially and criminally responsible for negligence or illegal activity,” the statement said.

Usually, it involves the act of popping a balloon with stereotypical blue confetti to express a boy, for example, but some prospective parents go further for dramatic performances involving fireworks, explosions, and other disturbing concepts. For happy strangers, the so-called gender-revealing parties are an invention of the social media age where parents soon announce the gender of their unborn child through their homosexual performance stunts.

There was even an incident in 2012 when a woman in Iowa died after the party gender involved in the pipe bombing was revealed. Notably, this is not the first gender-revealing party to start a fire. In April 2017, a gender disclosure team in Arizona started wildfires across the state for more than 19,000 hectares (47,000 acres).

Of course, gender explicit groups are not the only risk for the onset of wildfires. The National Parks Service estimates that about 85 percent of wildlife fires in the United States are caused by humans. It is often the result of intentional acts such as blockaded campfires, burning debris, equipment malfunctions, throwing away cigarettes, and arson. The remaining 15 percent is thunderstorms caused by natural causes.

Although wildfires are nothing new anywhere in the world, large-scale research has clearly shown that man-made climate change creates warmer and drier conditions, increasing droughts and creating long-term conditions that increase the risk of wildfires in different parts of the world.