Duties of Company Secretary towards the board of directors
The duties of company secretary are manifold and these duties vary from one company to another depending on its size, goal, nature, functions etc. The duties and responsibilities of company secretary are discussed under the following headings:
Duties towards the board of directors: Company secretary is the spokesperson of the board of directors. The duties in this regard include the following:
- Providing necessary information to the board for formulating company policies.
- Interpreting and executing the policies as laid down by the board.
- Advising the directors in respect of legal matters pertaining to company affairs.
- Acting as liaison person between the directors, staffs, and related outside parties.
- Arranging board meetings, issuing notice and preparing agenda of such meetings.
- Recording the minutes and resolutions of meetings.
- Drafting directors’ report and presenting it in the annual general meeting in favor of the directors.