Situations that Require Circular Letter
The objectives of circular letter are many folds. Generally, circular letter passes business related information to a huge number of readers. However, it may also circulate non-business information. Circular letter is drafted and distributed for attaining three sets of objectives: business objective, personal objective and social objective.
These purposes of circular letter are also known as the situations requiring circular letters. These objectives or situations are discussed below:
(A) Business objectives: Circular letter is written for the (Slowing two business objectives:
Circulating busies information: The primary objective of circular letter is to distribute information relating to business. Circular letter usually circulates the following business information:
- Launching a new business;
- Expansion of existing business in any new field;
- Changing the nature of business;
- Opening or closing branches of the business;
- Changing the name of the business;
- Shifting the address of the business;
- Discharging any officer, executive, agent or representative of the business;
- Employing any new business executive or agent;
- Admission of new partner;
- Retirement or death of any existing partner;
- Cancellation of any business deal or contract;
- Entering into any new business contract;
- News regarding increase or decrease of price;
- News regarding trademarks, registered brand etc.
- Amalgamation of some business units; and
- Winding up of business partly or wholly.
Increasing demand for the products: Business circular letter also aims at increasing product’s demand In this case, circular letter contains the following information-
- Innovation of new product;
- Quality improvement of existing products;
- Import of any new product;
- Marketing of new products;
- Decease or increase in product price;
- Any special discount or reduction in price;
- News relating to any business award or certificate such ISO 9001 certificate.
(B) Personal objective: Circular letter may be used to circulate the name and fame, achievement, contribution etc. of an individual.
(C) Social objective: Circular letter can also be drafted highlighting the social or national problems with a view to build public awareness.