Teams can do a variety of things. There are different types of teams. Cross-functional Team and virtual Team are one of the types of teams. Besides these, it has many differences, The differences between cross-functional team and virtual team are given below:
- Cross-functional teams made of the employee from about the same hierarchical level but from different work areas who come together to accomplish a task.
- It is a face-to-face work team.
- In this team, members directly interact with each other.
- These team members exchange more social-emotional information.
- It is very time-consuming.
- These team members don’t need modern technology.
- Virtual teams that use computer technology to tie tighter physically dispersed members in order to achieve a common goal.
- It is a distance work team.
- In this team, members indirectly interact with each other.
- These team members exchange less social-emotional information.
- It is less time-consuming.
- These team members need modern technology.
Above is the brief description that distinguishes between cross-functional teams and virtual teams.