Strategic vision: Strategic visions are the ideas for the direction and activities of the business in development. Generally included a document or statement so all company managers can share the same vision for the company and make decisions according to the shared principals and company mission. A strategic vision reflects management aspirations for the organization and its business providing a panoramic view of “where we are going” and giving specific about its feature business plans. It spells-out long-term business purpose and moods organization identity.
A strategic vision points on an organization in a particular direction and charts a strategic path for it to follow.
A vision is an idealized picture of the future of the business or organization. This can bring many benefits to you. Strategic vision is important for an organization for the following reasons:
- Visioning is the first step in strategic planning.
- It establishes a standard of excellence.
- It bridges the present and future,
- It is a proactive approach.
- Vision reflects the uniqueness of an organization.
- A vision shared by all the members of your business can help all members set goals to advance the organization.
- A vision can also motivate and empower employees.
- Without a strong vision, strategic plans cannot be properly delineated since there is no guiding principle or ideal to plan.
- A vision brings meaning to peoples’ work, mobilizes them to action, and helps them decide what to do and ‘what not to do in the course of their work.
- An effective vision strikes a chord in people, motivates them by tapping their competitive drive, arouses desire for greatness or interest in doing the right thing, tantalizes them with personal gain, or appeals to their need to make a difference in the world.
- A vision is an idealized picture of the future organization and it expresses the organization’s reason for existence.
- Visions grab people and then bring them into the fold.
- When a leader’s vision is effective and strong, employees and stakeholders get caught up in what they are doing, absorb the vision, and commit themselves to the goals and the values of the leaders.
- Ensure the tasks of all employees under one common objective.
- It helps in further decision making.
A good strategic vision is always important for the Organizational success and for them, better performance of the employees and workers, the organization as a whole.