HR Planning is the process by which an organization ensures that it has the right number and kind of people at the places, at the right time, capable of effectively and efficiently completing these tasks that will help the organization achieve its overall objectives. The objective of HR planning is to make sure the greatest fit between employees and jobs while avoiding manpower shortages or surpluses.
Purposes of Human Resource Planning:
There are many purposes Resource Planning. Some are listed below –
- Optimizing use of human resource;
- Determining demand for a human resource;
- Forecasting efficiency of human resource,
- Determining the number of human resources,
- Determining need and level of training,
- Determining the level of recruitment and selection,
- Adopting control measures;
- Forecasting labor cost;
- Achieving organizational goal.