Purposes / Objectives of Employment Interview
Employment or selection interview is mainly conducted for selecting the best-suited candidates for the job. However, this interview is intended to attain the following purposes or objectives:
- To determine whether the qualifications and personality of the job seeker fits well with the job and the organization.
- To ascertain the enthusiasm, interests and communication skills of the candidate.
- To understand the behavior-di aspects of the applicant.
- To explain the range of responsibilities of the what.
- To know about the attitudes, views and opinions of the candidates.
- To provide with necessary information, data about the company.
- To inform the company mission, goals, policies, practices and values.
- To develop a sense of confidence and understanding in the mind of the candidate.
- To create and maintain the reputation or goodwill of the company.