Meaning of Demi-Official Letter
In general word demi official letter explanation is the letter that communicates official e-mail along with personal news is called demi-official, it is also known as Demi government letter. In other words, the official letter that contains some personal information along with official information is known as a demi-official letter.
The official letter that contains some personal information along with official information is known as a demi-official letter. This letter is generally written by compiling both official and some sort of personal messages. This form is generally used in correspondence between Officers to supplement or explain matter which has been referred officially or is proposed to be referred officially.
In writing this letter officially recognized rules, procedures and structure are not followed. Though this letter includes both personal and official information, official information gets the prime focus. People bolding the same position or rank usually exchange this type of letter. In this letter, the receiver is addressed by name. It is to be written in the first person in a personal and friendly tone and it should be addressed by an Officer who is ordinarily not more than one or two levels below the Officer to whom such communication is addressed. Demi-official correspondence should not be quoted in official communications or be noticed officially in any way.
Actually, a Demi-official letter is official in reason but involves some personal association or touch. This letter is usually written by compiling both official and some kind of personal messages. It is not as formal as the official letter. This type of letter does not follow any established structure. Use of language in this letter depends on a personal relationship between sender and receiver. It is not written by using customary official language. Writers can follow any formation as they think.
Some important points regarding Demi-official letter are noted as under:
- It is usually addressed by the name and title of the person who is thought to attend to the focus subject of the letter.
- Salutation normally starts with ‘My Dear X’ ‘Dear Mr./Mrs. Y’
- The appropriate manner of a subscription is ‘Yours sincerely’
- Such a letter is signed by the officer concerned and not by someone else on behalf of the officer.
Demi official letter is enviable mainly in the following cases:
- To accomplish an official objective through personal relationships is the reason for the demi-official letter.
- This type of letter is required, when the personal attention of the receiver is needed.
- If the subject matter is confidential in nature, then this type of letter is helpful.
- Its nature is a diverse i.e. combination of personal and official. It is moderately large in size.
- When the matter is imperative and it requires quick disposal.
- An official style might not be maintained or not essential to write such a letter.
- Such a letter can be written through a personal touch for which language seems to be very simple.
- Avoid needless intrusion by other people and avoid the delay that may be caused by custom official communication.