We use different types of the mirror for different purposes. These are described some uses of the mirror:
- We see our appearance by using plane mirrors.
- The ophthalmologist uses plane mirrors to examine the vision of a patient for reading the alphabets easily.
- Periscopes are constructed using plane mirrors.
- It is used to avoid accidents in the turns of the hilly road.
- Optical instruments like the telescope, overhead projector, and laser are made using plane mirrors.
- During the shooting of drama, cinema etc. brightness of any place is increased by reflecting light by the plane mirror.
- Using the suitable size of the concave mirror, the magnified and erect image of the face is formed in a concave mirror. It helps in beautification and shaving.
- The dentists use the concave mirror.
- Concave mirrors are used as reflectors. For example- the concave mirror is used in torchlight, search light of launch and steamers to determine the path.
- Using the concave mirror, the light and heat energy, etc. is centralized to heat a body. Besides, it is used to collect Radar and TV signal. For instance- dish antenna, solar oven, telescope and Radar collector etc.
- Since the light rays can be centralized at a point using a concave mirror, the doctor uses this mirror to examine eye, ear, nose and throat.
- Since, a convex mirror always produce a virtual, erect and diminished image, it is used in cars to see the vehicles and passersby behind. In the marriage ceremony, it is used as view mirrors.
- Since a wide range of area can be seen with the help of a convex mirror it is used in the shopping mall or shop for security purpose.
- It is used to prepare reflecting telescope.
- It is used as the reflector in the street lamps since it spreads light over a large area.