Method of Preparing Agenda / Types of Agenda
The predetermined issues of discussion in a meeting are known as agenda. Such agenda are usually prepared and distributed to the participants in advance. In practice, two types of agenda are seen. These are as follows:
- Agenda prepared for the use of chairperson and
- Agenda prepared for sending to the members.
Agenda prepared for the use of chairperson: An ordinary page is used in writing the agenda for the use of chairperson. Here the various items of the agenda are listed at the left side of the page and the space at the right side is kept blank. In this blank space the chairperson of the meeting keeps note on important points of discussion in the meeting. Labour on, such notes are used in preparing the minutes of the meeting.
Agenda prepared for sending to the members: This type of agenda may be prepared either any way of followings:
- The various items of agenda are mentioned in the message of the notice and then sent to the participants along with the notice.
- Agenda is written separately at the end of the notice and sent to the participants along with the notice.
- Agenda is written in a separate piece of paper and attached with the notice and then sent to the members along with the notice.