Uses of Zinc (Zn)
- Zinc is used for galvanization of iron.
- Used as a reducing agent.
- Zinc also used in alloys such as brass, bronze and German silver.
- In the metallurgy of silver and gold.
- As anode material in dry cells.
- Zinc oxide are used for making zinc white paint. Zinc white paint is superior to white lead, and it does not blacken on exposure to light and air (due to the presence of H2S in the air).
- As zinc chromate, it is used as a yellow pigment.
- One of the biggest uses of zinc is in making protective coatings for steel.