Distinguish between Training and Development
Training is the set of organized activities aimed at imparting information and or instructions to improve the recipient’s performance or to help him or her attain a required level of knowledge and skill then the organized activities are known as training. Development is a joint initiative of the employee as well as the employer to upgrade the existing skills and knowledge of an individual.
Most authors’ do not make a difference between training and development. But in some case, we find a difference between these two terms. The points of such distinction are shown below –
- Period: Training is present-day oriented.
- Participant: Training programs are arranged for employees.
- Level: It is a lower level laming program.
- Area: Training is imbibed for enhancing much more skills and knowledge to the employees.
- Change: Skill level is changed through training.
- Period: Development is future day oriented.
- Participant: Development programs are arranged for executives.
- Level: It a higher-level program.
- Area: Development is imbibed for enhancing specific skills and knowledge to the executives.
- Change: Behavior level is changed through development.